March 9, 2008

Bush Vetoes Waterboarding



To be true, I don't care that America waterboards prisoners. Lots of bad things happen to folks--being made to think you're drowning seems tame compared to an electric shock to the balls.

The bit that irks me is George's justification for the practice. He pulls the "protects American lives" card to get out of anything terrorist-related. It's irksome because it works. People eat that shit up like french fries, because when he says it, people think "I am American, a superior form of human being."

Being THE world power for over half a century has certainly gotten to our heads. Look at all the people who get upset when instructions for their iPods come in more languages than English and grumble disapprovement when they hear "Dos para Espanol" from a computerized telephone recording.

Learn a foreign language, we won't be on top of the world forever.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I disagree, I think waterboarding is just as bad as electric shocks to the balls. I know this is wikipedia, but here's an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

Mike O'Brien said...

Good point. I might have jumped to an improper conclusion. Not too smart of me.