March 10, 2008

Boy Monster


This is something I've been meaning to post for a long time, but only recently managed to combine the resources to make it possible. These are three 18x24in drawings I made for my drawing class final project last semester. The project presented an opportunity to experiment with a story idea i've been toying with for a while. I call it "boy monster," a feral child story about a boy, who when lost by his parents to a mountain rift, becomes the adopted child of a gang of monsters. he goes about life as amonster, scaring children and feasting on their fear, but never really fits in, etc... I havn't figured it out too far. Anyhow, enjoy the image at least.

1 comment:

D.D. said...

I know this wasn't your intention, but it is such a cool idea to leave the dialogue boxes unwritten on a comic strip as an interactive form of comic reading...you get to carry the conversation. Its kind of a madlib of comics... i like the other drawings on this blog of yours by the way, neato