April 8, 2009

Booting Scooters

Scooters run rampant on UMD's campus. They zip around, make a lot of noise and puff out smelly smoke, and make you feel like a total dope for walking. I hate them. That is to say, I hate that I don't have one. Anyhow, that's not a big deal anymore because according to the Diamondback, university police are cracking down on scooters that drive illegally on sidewalks. I don't know how they're going to catch them, though. I see a police patrolling on a segway, when suddenly a scooter flies past him. The segway cop flips on his sirens and attempts pursuit, yelling, "Stop! I am the law!" hoping to god he won't have to go over a curb or something tricky like that.

Maybe they'll use spike strips.

Don't take his cartoon as me saying athletes are stupid...it's more that athletes don't seem to realize that the things they do (ie driving their scooter up to an ATM on campus and revving the engine while they make a withdrawal) are fucking annoying.

I wasn't sure if folks would understand that its a boot I've photoshopped on there--it looks sort of odd on a scooter--so I went ahead and labeled the thing. It's hokey, but I didn't want people missing out on the joke.

No comments: